CONTACT US ON 717 614 1404
Dr. Mark Winston, Simon Fraser U & Mr. Brian Snyder, PA Association of Sustainable Agriculture
The keynotes will be delivered on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 . . . but wait, let me take a step back for those of you who haven't been to an EAS Conference week before.
The format of this annual event follows:
- The "Short Course" normally spans Monday and Tuesday. In 2013, two tracks will be offered and there is an extra day for some of the course topics to overflow into Wednesday.
- On Wednesday, though, the Conference and Worshop Series begins with the keynote addresses and ends with a social gathering at a near-by picnic ground.
- If you're not too tired by quittin' time on Thursday, you should attend the annual Auction Dinner, which is a fundraiser for the research grants that EAS awards each year.
- Throughout most of the week, your favorite vendors of beekeeping supplies, books and gadgets will be on hand with their wares. In the same vendor area will be bee fabric for the quilters, bee art & jewelry and much, much more!
- And, oh yeah - there's a HONEY SHOW with prestige and prizes to be won. Admit it, you're proud of your bees' work! So bring it, enter it and show it off!
- By Friday, you will have met so many new and interesting people, you will want \one last chance to get together with them before it's over - the Annual Banquet!
Pennsylvania's own Maryann Frazier is ably organizing the program for Wed. through Fri. Invited speakers are confirming their intention to be with us and pinning down the titles of their talks and workshops. Check the EAS website often for confirmed speakers, lodging information and other updates.